Hello!! Ok so this is the part where I’m supposed to tell y’all what inspired me. Let me be honest and say, I really don’t remember. One thing I do remember is always wanting to make feather earrings from fabric but never getting round doing it.
I wish the inspiration came when feather earrings were all the rave, but hey! Better late than never, right?
Here’s how you can make yours.
- Round nose plier
- Wire cutter
- Fabric Glue
- Jump Rings
- Head pins
- Earring hooks
1.Using your wire cutter, cut the length of chain that’s comfortable for you.
2. Now with your round nose pliers, attach your earring hooks to the chain.
3. Cut out a piece of fabric wide enough to fold over once and long enough to cut out all the fabric feathers you’ll need. Spread the glue on the left side of the fabric so it touches on all corners. I use my fingers for this, but you can use a brush if you don’t want to get your hands messy.
5. Place feather template on fabric and cut out as many feathers as you’ll need. I cut my template freehand out of newspaper
6. Fold your petals in half and cut , careful not to reach the center of your feather, as shown in picture.
7. Attach your crimp (you can find this in any jewelry shop)
8. Put a jump ring through the hole on the crimp and attach to the parts of the chain that you want
ROCK THEM, BE FIERCE!!
P.S You can use this same method for a necklace. Be creative and don’t forget to send me pictures of your version. I just might feature it on the blog
If there’s anything that’s not clear, leave a comment, ill respond swiftly.
Just let me know what you think!!